This basic electronics workshop aims to lead students across the bridge from "knowing what something does" to "knowing how something works."
Students will get hands-on experience soldering, assembling small electronics and problem solving; they'll leave with an understanding of how all of the electronics they use daily actually work!
Our young makers will also practice with Snap Circuits Arcade. With over 200 possible projects to build, this electronics kit is perfect for learning about circuitry and the effects of different components.
- Basic electronics concepts
- Introduction to soldering and circuitry
- Snap Circuits Arcade
- Presentation for parents
Students will leave with:
- Proto solder badge
- Snap Circuits Arcade Electronics Kit
- Short-Circuit Certificate
- The urge to break open electronics and see how they work. (We won't encourage breaking things but we bet they'll consider it.)
No class on Tuesday July 4th! We'd hate for you to miss the fireworks.