Some of us are a bit late to the STEM party. And now, here we are, simulaneously confused and curious about the technology that has swept through libraries and schools all over the country. Well, don't worry! If you've found your way here, you're already off to a good start.
This class is a great way for adults to get an introduction to 3D printing. What better way to have an educated discussion than sitting down with a local craft beer, ultimately to craft your own 3D creation? (Hint: there isn't one). Attendees will gain hands-on experience and an understanding of the technology to enhance their education or current field of work.
What to expect during the lesson:
- A complimentary local craft beer of your choice (soda available as a substitute)
- Up to 2 hours of instruction from a Proto Expert
- A background on the history of 3D-printing
- An introductory lesson on computer-aided design
- Watching a tiny robot build something you created right before your eyes!
Students will leave with:
- A 3D printing field manual
- A Proto t-shirt
- A ton of 3D printing knowledge
- A 3D print as proof they were actually here (and it wasn't aliens)
Upon completion, the student should feel comfortable using and discussing basic CAD and 3D-printing technologies. The fee for the class is $75. Space for each class is extremely limited to allow for a great amount of personal instruction.